Your rights as a Candidate include
That the employment placement service must not charge a job seeker a fee for the purpose of finding the job seeker employment; An employment placement service must not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as knowingly giving misleading information to a job seeker about the nature of a position etc). If a job seeker believes that an employment placement service has acted inappropriately, the job seeker may contact the Department of Fair Trading for information on handling the matter.
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Human Solutions Group for its own use and on behalf of its clients who require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your employment opportunities. Some laws – e.g. employment agents’ law, taxation law and immigration law, might require us to collect certain personal and sensitive information.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you provide us with a copy of your resume or attend an interview.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive any performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment;
- follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual clients of Human Solutions Group;
- our insurers;
- our contractors and suppliers – eg our IT contractors and database designers;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we may not proceed with your application for work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions, you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Compliance Officer, whose details are provided further on in this document. In the case of providing copies of written documents, we may charge a fee to cover our administrative expenses. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Human Solutions Group take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Human Solutions Group recognises our responsibility for protecting the privacy of your personal information. Security measures are in place to protect information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration. We will review and update these measures from time to time to ensure security is maintained.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact our office:
T: (02) 8248 9800
F: (02) 8905 9566
during normal office hours which are 8.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.